Saturday, January 7, 2012

Germany

Luckily for me, I had the opportunity to spend my Christmas in Wurzburg (Bavaria) this year. We stayed for five days with Robyn's friend Leonie and her family. The city was so beautiful and amazing and I definitely had an amazing time...but unfortunately no snow!

The first evening in town we were pretty exhausted, but of course not too tired to visit the Christmas market downtown! We wandered around in the markets and had a couple different kinds of mulled wine (delicious hot, spiced wine...usually red but we had a white as well).

The next day Leonie took us to Sommerhausen, which downtown area is still largely surrounded by the original medieval wall, including a large turret which someone has actually converted into a house.




The tower located on the wall is known as the "blue tower" or 'Blauer Turm". Apparently the tower once had a subterranean dungeon.


Robyn and I with the turret in the background.


Weinhaus

No comments:

Post a Comment