I totally forgot to blog about this fantastic event last weekend! I can't believe I didn't do it immediately!
We attended Aston Hall by candlelight on Saturday evening. Aston Hall is the massive Jacobean style manor house built in the early 1600s (I posted pictures a couple of months ago).
Every year during the Christmas season they open the house up and stage it as it would have been when it was first completed. The house was filled with candles and actors (historical interpreters) were scattered throughout the house to fill you in with facts about the rooms you entered. There were various characters who have history with the house including Queen Victoria!
After wandering through the entire house your journey ends in the Great Hall (the entry way) where you were handed a page of lyrics to Christmas carols. A Victorian band was sitting playing various instruments and everyone joined in the singing. It was really neat and definitely got me into the mood for Christmas! It's kind of hard to get in the mood for the season when the weather doesn't exactly match the month!
The beautiful chandelier in the Great Hall all lit up with candles.
No comments:
Post a Comment