I taught for the first time yesterday afternoon in a reception class (3/4 year olds). They were super cute but super busy! No funny questions about Canada today from this group, but I'm pretty sure they had no idea what I was talking about some of the time. For example at the end of the day I picked up a sweat shirt from the floor "Oh don't forget your sweater". The reply I got was "my whaaa? that's not what that is". "When I say sweater I mean jumper". Which was met with a couple of confused looks.
Afterwards we had a few drinks with a couple of the girls from the hostel where I was introduced to something called Magners flavoured cider which is SUPER delicious. No work in the schools today so this morning we had our first full ENGLISH breakfast at a place called the Big Bulls Head down the street from where we are staying.
As for tonight we are taking a few foreigners ice skating....so wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment