Friday, September 16, 2011

First Day in the Classroom!

Today we had an observing day in the classroom where we were able to go into a UK classroom and observe their morning routine. I was placed in a year 4 classroom with a Canadian teacher, coincidentally she happened to be from Chatham, Ontario! I helped out a bit with her lessons but it turned out to be a rapid fire interview courtesy of half a dozen eight year olds that went a little something like this:

"Oh my, Miss your accent is sooooo funny"
"That's because I'm from Canada"
"CANADA! Mrs. W went on her holiday there did you see her?"
"Nope I just met her today"
"Ohhhhh, where's your mum and dad?"
"In Canada"
"Is your whole family there?"
"Yes"
"Well how did you get here"
"On a plane"
"On a plane!? Was it expensive?"
"A little bit, but it was in Canadian dollars"
"Canada! Does it rain there?"
"Yes but not as much as here, it snows sometimes."
"When it snows do your neighbours all go stand outside?"
"Not a lot of people go out when it snows, it can get pretty cold"
"If you go outside with sandals on would your toes fall off right away?"

.....And that last one was a serious question.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, ha...we're laughing with you!
    All our love - Amber, Jesse, Thunder and Taggy

    ReplyDelete